Taking the Next Steps: Reaching Your Farm Dreams
Whether experienced farmer or just beginning, every farmer has the next steps they have been dreaming to take. This workshop is about starting where you are, with what you have, and moving confidently through the next step. Each session will provide fact sheets, templates, guides and other resources for you to try out at home in taking your next steps.
Join us! The workshop is free and lunch is provided.
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
10am - 2pm
Hulsey Public Library
301 N. Rockwall St, Terrell, TX 75160
You are the expert on your farm! Rather than just presentations, this workshop will provide a range of available materials for you to evaluate to determine what works for you. Come share your expertise with ours, and we can all learn together.
- Setting goals - What do you want your farming life to look like?
- Making decisions- When is it right to buy the tractor? Or greenhouse? What is the right way to use credit as a tool for growth?
- Engaging with the USDA - Whether you have been there many times, or are starting new, how do you create a productive relationship with your local USDA office, and what new programs might be right for you?
- Upping your record keeping game - Do you have the information about what works on your farm at your finger tips?
- Evaluating Insurance - What do you need, and what is available?
This workshop is made possible by funding from USDA.